To re-seat the clip, please watch the following How To Video.
Have you managed to reatach it?
The clip is designed to be replaceable and will unseat if moved more than 60 degrees past the opened position. There is a friction stop at 60 degrees, but with a little force, it can be moved beyond this.
If the battery is still charged and you have not disabled your remote ON/OFF function, you should be able to connect to your Snuza Pico within range. Once connected, switch your Snuza Pico ON and the breathing alarm will sound after 20 seconds.
Have you attached your Snuza Pico correctly to your baby's diaper according to the manual?
"Is your Snuza Pico software up to date? (latest version 4.109) You can check what firmware version your Snuza Pico is on by going to the settings screen of the Pico in question on the Snuza Connect App on your smartphone:
On Android, look under the Snuza Pico serial number to see the version number.
On iOS, click on the 'i' in the top right corner of the screen and look for ""Firmware version""."
Is your child lying on the Snuza Pico?
Mount the Snuza Pico in such a way to avoid your child lying on it. We recommend that your baby sleeps on their back as per the World Health Organization. If your baby sleeps on their tummy then you can place the Snuza Pico on their side.
Please firstly make sure your Snuza Connect App is on the latest version. Then connect your phone to the Snuza Pico and leave it for over an hour while charging to ensure the update completes. Did this solved/fix the problem/issue?
Ensure that the thin flap of the diaper is folded over the thicker part, which is what the Clip grips on to. Refer to video for how to attach your Snuza Pico.
When you first put the Snuza Pico on, it is slightly colder than your baby and tends to reduce the temperature of the skin around the Pico. Has the Snuza Pico been on your baby for less than 10 minutes?
The Snuza Pico needs at least 10 to 15 minutes to reach the same temperature as the child for accurate temperature readings.
Please check to see that there is nothing obstructing the temperature sensor window before contacting email@example.com
• Your Snuza Pico is on.
• Your Pico is in range.
• Your Bluetooth Technology is activated on your smart device.
• You are logged onto the App.
• You are trying to connect to your registerd Snuza Pico.
• If none of the above work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Don't mount the Snuza Pico where the baby is likely to lie on-top of it or huddle up around it. The position for the best connection is in the middle of your baby's tummy.
• Don't have your phone in your pocket. Rather place it on a non-conductive surface.
• Try limit the number of obstacles between the Snuza Pico and phone, especially metal obstacles.
• If you are using 2.4 ghz Wifi it can cause interference. Rather use 5GHz Wifi if you are able to.